19 April 2008

What´s new today?

It is still spring in the air and taking medication is habit for me now. I tried yesterday not to take my medication (eye drops, an allergy pill and nose spray); I had a bad "eye itch" all day. So taking your medication is rather important if you want to feel good all day.

I remember talking to a friend of mine some time ago, who was very allergic to pollen and grass. He was on a programme, where ha was "sensibilizised" to all the allergens he was sensitive to. He said it worked, or at least it relieved the symptoms. Unfortunately not healed, he continued to do this. I haven't spoken to him in a while, so I don't know how he feels nowadays.

But it crossed my mind that by exposing yourself to any allergen you've developed an allergy towards should make you so numb that you're not sensitive anymore. But how does this work? Why do some people develop an allergy towards e.g. cats even though they have these as pets, while others don't? How is this connected to the "sensibilisation"?

Maybe reading some articles will ease my pondering head. We'll see, there must be a good explanation to all this!

No comments: